Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My sister made this and I got to try it. I thought it was quite good and she asked me to post it so here ya go sis.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste, divided
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 2 tablespoons olive brine
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a skillet that has been coated with non-stick cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Add in turkey; cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Transfer turkey to a plate or bowl using a slotted spoon; discard any liquid in the skillet; wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Heat olive oil in the skillet over medium heat.
- Add in onion and jalapeno pepper; stir/saute for 8 minutes. Add in the cumin, oregano, cinnamon, and salt; stir/saute for 2 minutes.
- Take skillet off of burner.
- Add in 3 tablespoons tomato paste, olives, olive brine, and cooked turkey; stir to combine.
- Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together the remaining 1 tablespoon tomatoe paste, tomato sauce, and water in a small skillet; heat over medium heat and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Dip 1 tortilla in tomato sauce to soften.
- Place tortilla on a plate; spoon 1/3 cup of turkey mixture down the center of the tortilla.
- Roll up tortilla and place seam side down in the baking pan.
- Repeat this with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Spoon remaining tomato sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil; bake ina 375° oven for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, and sour cream if desired.