Prep 15 mins
Cook 48 mins
Posting for safe keeping. Enchilada pie without enchilada sauce!
- 1⁄2 lb ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can olives, sliced
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown meat in oil, stir in tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in green onions and olives.
- Place 1 tortilla in bottom of 2 quart baking dish, cover with about 1/2 cup meat sauce. Top with about 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat, making a 6 layer stack.
- Pour 1/2 cup water down edge, into baking dish. Cover with foil and baking at 425 for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 4 wedges, garnish with sour cream if desired.
This reminds me of a mexican pizza, we made this and we were pleasantly surprised by how good it was, i made 2 (fyi it makes ALOT, lol) and added black beans to 1 as i love them and my dh doesn't, this could also be made with ground beef which i may try next time. Great recipe and I'll be making this often.
fantastic!!!!, easy to make and very tasty