Recipe by Judy81350
This is so easy a beginner can make it. I use a round casserole and use more tortillas then the recipe calls for. I cut them in half and just fit them together. I use 6 or 7. Just use your judgement. Enjoy!
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes with onion and garlic, diced
- 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 3⁄4 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 4 (8 inch) corn tortillas or 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) bagfour cheese Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- shredded lettuce
- additional sliced black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Have ready a round 3-qt. glass baking dish(casserole).
- Heat oil in a large, deep heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and saute' 3-4 minutes. Add turkey and cook, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, 5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cumin; add tomatoes, enchilada sauce and chopped green chiles.
- Stir until simmering, then simmer 10 minutes to develop flavors. Remove from heat and stir in corn and olives.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- To assemble: Line bottom of baking dish with 2 tortillas. Top with half the filling and about 1/3 the cheese. Top with another tortilla, the remaining filling, half the remaining cheese, then the remaining tortilla.
- Cover with lid or foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake 10 minutes longer until cheese melts and filling bubbles. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting in wedges. Serve with Accompaniments.