Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from e-mealz.com. My family LOVED it - including my four children (who do not love vegetables!). Healthy, quick, & easy! Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced onion & bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh eggplants, diced (do not peel)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, saute turkey, onion & peppers & garlic over medium heat until browned. (stir often to break up the turkey).
- Add eggplant, tomatoes and basil. Bring to a low boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 60 minutes @ 350. (remove foil last 15 minutes & sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top).
I don't like ground turkey and I LOVED this recipe. Very tasty...even to my picky 9 year old. I did omit the breadcrumbs, as I am trying to follow a low carb diet.
This was easy and tasty. For my husband and me, we thought it would be better as a pasta sauce more than a main dish kind of thing. The ground turkey was so good! You couldn't even tell it was that. Thanks for the recipe!!
We tried to make this recipe and it smelled AMAZING while we were cooking, but.... I was a little bit confused about the liquid that was supposed to boil. So I added some red wine. It was great!