Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe from e-mealz.com. My family LOVED it - including my four children (who do not love vegetables!). Healthy, quick, & easy! Enjoy!
- In a large pot, saute turkey, onion & peppers & garlic over medium heat until browned. (stir often to break up the turkey).
- Add eggplant, tomatoes and basil. Bring to a low boil for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 60 minutes @ 350. (remove foil last 15 minutes & sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the top).
I don't like ground turkey and I LOVED this recipe. Very tasty...even to my picky 9 year old. I did omit the breadcrumbs, as I am trying to follow a low carb diet.
This was easy and tasty. For my husband and me, we thought it would be better as a pasta sauce more than a main dish kind of thing. The ground turkey was so good! You couldn't even tell it was that. Thanks for the recipe!!