Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My father's Thanksgiving signature dish! The instructions may look alittle fussy, but it follows any basic lasagna dish recipe. They are definetely worth a try!
- 2 eggplants, sliced lengthwise as thinly as possible, place in a bowl and lightly salt
- 4 -6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (796 ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried fresh oregano
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato
- salt and pepper
- 1 (500 ml) package ricotta cheese (light is fine)
- 150 g mild goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute mushrooms, garlic and onion until limp about 5-8 minutes.
- Add turkey and saute until meat is cooked through.
- Stir occasionally to break up any clumps.
- Add tomatoes, white wine, herbs and balsamic vinegar.
- Cook stirring frequently until mixture thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in sun dried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Let cool slightly.
- Combine ricotta, egg and goat cheese mixing until smooth.
- Grease a baking dish or lasagna pan.
- Spread half the meat mixture over the bottom of the pan.
- Place eggplant slices over top overlapping slightly.
- Cover the eggplant with 1/3 of the mozzarella slices.
- Top with the remaining meat mixture.
- Cover with eggplant slices then top with the ricotta mixture.
- Cover with 1/3 of the mozzarella then top with remaining eggplant slices.
- Layer remaining cheese on top then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until dish is bubbly and top is nicely browned.
- Let sit 15 minutes before serving (very important).
Wonderful recipe thanks for sharing it will be making it again!