Recipe by HawkeyeGK
Ground turkey is combined with eggplant, tomatoes and peppers in this delicious dish
Top Review by CarbFiend
Delicious! My husband and I both loved this. My only complaint is that there is no measurement for the last ingredient (I just guessed on it), and I ended up with way more eggplant than would fit in my Dutch oven. However, maybe I just bought a really big one! I'll definitely make this one again. I served it with Roasted Garlic muffins (which I will post shortly), which really complemented the flavors.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large eggplant, cubed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (no salt)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Makes 8 servings.
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spray a large nonstick saucepan or Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray; heat. Add the turkey, onion and garlic; cook, stirring as needed, until the turkey is browned and the onion is softened, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, bread crumbs, sauce and basil; bring to a boil, stirring as needed.
- Transfer the turkey mixture to pan and bake, covered until the veggies are tender, 45-50 minutes; uncover and sprinkle with cheese.