This is a variation on the recipe "Bacon, Egg, Cheese Biscuit Casserole." My family doesn't eat pork, and I wanted to use what we had (and bring it closer to a cheeseburger pie). I made many small changes, all of which seem to address the issues others had with the original recipe. This recipe is no-fuss, easy, and delicious. It is designed to use whatever is on-hand and can easily be altered to suite different tastes. Try it with other luncheon meats, leftover chicken, steak, or add paprika or hot chili powder to the flour. When I made this, it came out perfect & delicious. Paired it with home-made creamed spinach; and gravy made from vegetable broth and mochiko flour. Share what variations have worked for you, and what went well with it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour, generous
- 4 teaspoons baking powder, generous
- 2 tablespoons sugar, generous
- 1 teaspoon salt, generous
- 1/2 cup butter, and smart balance combined
- 1 teaspoon no-salt garlic and herb seasoning
- 1/2-1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 -5 eggs, beaten (can add a dash of milk)
- 1 -2 lb luncheon turkey meat (the cheap one)
- 1 dash soy sauce, substitute Bragg Liquid Amino Acids
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 -3 tomato, diced
- 1 -3 small green onion, sliced thinly
- 1Preheat oven to 425degrees.
- 2Cook luncheon meat with Bragg Liquid Amino Acids and Balsamic vinegar, in a dry pan over medium heat until dry & browning. Set aside.
- 3Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. Cut-in butter, I used a REALLY big fork (you don't have to use a pastry cutter). It doesn't have to be perfect. Mix in milk until ALMOST completely moistened, but still some dry spots (can use the same huge fork to mix).
- 4DO NOT over mix!
- 5Press into a 9"x13" glass dish. It;s okay if there are some dry patches.
- 6Top biscuit dough evenly with prepared meat, tomato, green onion, cheese in that order.
- 7Pour egg over top.
- 8Bake until top is evenly cooked (possibly starting to brown in the middle, sides are "boiling"), bottom is evenly browned;.
- 9approximately 22 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey, Egg, Cheese, Biscuit Casserole (No-Pork 'bacon/Sausage,
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.0
- Calories from Fat 491
- Total Fat 54.5 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 369.9 mg
- Sodium 1733.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 58.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb seasoning