1/5 Photos of Turkey Drumsticks, Seared, Braised and Glazed
2 hrs 20 mins
Tender Turkey full of flavor. This is all made on the grill. This is bringing a fall/winter dish into the summer outdoors! Thanksgiving in July!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs turkey drumsticks (3 legs)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sumac or 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leave
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon lovage
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, peeled and 1/4
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups stock
- 4 leaves fresh lovage
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1Mix the marinade ingredients together and message into turkey placing some under the skin. Marinade overnight.
- 2Remove form refrigerator and let come to room temperature.
- 3Meanwhile gather braising ingredients.
- 4Preheat heat grill to medium high.
- 5Sear legs to brown on all sides.
- 6Meanwhile in a heavy dutch oven on grill over medium high heat melt butter.
- 7Add onions, potatoes, garlic and salt and pepper cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 8Add remaining braising ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 9As legs brown remove from flame and place in pot. Nestling into the liquid. Cover and place over indirect heat. Simmer for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Till fork tender. Times depends on how hot your grill gets.
- 11Mix glaze ingredients together.
- 12Remove legs and sweet potato slices and place on a oiled grill over direct heat.
- 13Brush glaze over legs and the turkey flipping when charred. And brushing again with glaze.
- 14Strain broth and save to use for a later use. It is rich and not to be tossed.
- 15Serve turkey and sweet potatoes with the onions, cranberries.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Drumsticks, Seared, Braised and Glazed
Serving Size: 1 (638 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.1
- Calories from Fat 382
- Total Fat 42.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 225.0 mg
- Sodium 1152.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 27.9 g
- Protein 62.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme leaves
fresh sage leaves
fresh sage leaves