Recipe by PaulaG
This is an open faced omelet that makes perfect use of leftover brocolli and/or turkey. It is wonderful for Sunday brunch or for a light dinner.
Top Review by thepurpleturtle
I really liked this! I don't usually care for the taste of how eggs go when you make them into an omelet, but this had so much good taste and texture added in that I really enjoyed it! I followed the recipe except for using deli meat (diced). I wasn't quite sure about how the broccoli was supposed to be done so I lightly steamed it in my microwave vegetable cooker. Very nice! Thank you! Made for ZWT5.
- 6 ounces roasted turkey, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 eggs or 1 1⁄4 cups egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 10-9nch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the diced turkey and sliced green onions, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until turkey is warmed and onions wilted.
- Beat the eggs or egg substitute with the milk, salt and pepper; pour over the turkey and cook until almost set, lifting the edges to allow uncooked portion to run to the bottom.
- Warm the chopped broccoli in the microwave and sprinkle over the egg mixture.
- Top with grated cheese and cover the skillet with a lid and allow omelet to rest in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve hot with fresh biscuits.