Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an open faced omelet that makes perfect use of leftover brocolli and/or turkey. It is wonderful for Sunday brunch or for a light dinner.
- 170.09 g roasted turkey, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 5 eggs or 295.73 ml egg substitute
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml chopped broccoli
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Spray a 10-9nch skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Add the diced turkey and sliced green onions, sauté for 2 to 3 minutes or until turkey is warmed and onions wilted.
- Beat the eggs or egg substitute with the milk, salt and pepper; pour over the turkey and cook until almost set, lifting the edges to allow uncooked portion to run to the bottom.
- Warm the chopped broccoli in the microwave and sprinkle over the egg mixture.
- Top with grated cheese and cover the skillet with a lid and allow omelet to rest in the pan for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Slide the omelet onto a plate and cut into wedges.
- Serve hot with fresh biscuits.
I really liked this! I don't usually care for the taste of how eggs go when you make them into an omelet, but this had so much good taste and texture added in that I really enjoyed it! I followed the recipe except for using deli meat (diced). I wasn't quite sure about how the broccoli was supposed to be done so I lightly steamed it in my microwave vegetable cooker. Very nice! Thank you! Made for ZWT5.
lovin' it right now
I made this for my Sunday morning breakfast treat, halved the recipe to make 1 serving. I used 2 eggs + 1 egg white. This is simple, tasty, and healthy too! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game. Thanks for posting Paula.