Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A number of years ago, at a bank staff Christmas get-together, one of the employees served this meal along with a few other of her creations. For days afterwards we all raved about how absolutely delicious it was and begged her for the recipe. Lucky for us she obliged.
- 6 ounces uncooked dried spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
- In 2 quart saucepan melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth& bubbly.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to full boil (4- 5 minutes).
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and milk until cheese is melted.
- In a greased casserole dish combine spaghetti, turkey, broccoli, mushrooms& cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for - I was glad to find one without "cream of" soup and it turned out creamy and perfect!
We enjoyed this recipe, it was nice comfort food and easy to make to boot. The only change I made was to decrease the amount of cheese by half in order to make it healthier, and we thought it was still plenty cheesy.
Followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out great! ;)