Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
A number of years ago, at a bank staff Christmas get-together, one of the employees served this meal along with a few other of her creations. For days afterwards we all raved about how absolutely delicious it was and begged her for the recipe. Lucky for us she obliged.
- 6 ounces uncooked dried spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain.
- In 2 quart saucepan melt 2 Tbsp butter.
- Stir in flour until smooth& bubbly.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to full boil (4- 5 minutes).
- Boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese and milk until cheese is melted.
- In a greased casserole dish combine spaghetti, turkey, broccoli, mushrooms& cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges.