Recipe by Derf
All the leftovers, yum!
Top Review by katesorad
I'm a vegetarian, so I didn't get to taste it.. but my husband's response was: "WOW!" He loved it!
I assume this recipe would be best for leftovers, but since we're going to be out of town this year for Thanksgiving and won't be able to do a traditional meal, I figured I'd make this! And he loved it! Granted, it's still September.. but it will definitely hold him over until Thanksgiving 2011!
I followed the recipe, but used honey glazed turkey that was pre-cooked rather than leftovers from a big bird.
- 2 cups turkey gravy (thick is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mixed vegetables, cooked
- 2 cups prepared stuffing, cooked, we like sausage water chestnut best
- 2 cups cooked turkey, bite size pieces
- 2 -3 cups mashed potatoes, cooked (stiff mash is best)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Layer the first 4 ingredients in a large casserole; lightly mix.
- Spread mashed potatoes evenly over the top; sprinkle the cheese evenly over and sprinkle the pepper over the cheese.
- Bake on middle oven rack for approximately 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Alternately place in 4 to 6 small single serving casseroles; either way these casseroles freeze well.