Recipe by Nance62
I had this recipe at the after funeral buffet for my mother. It is tasty, can be made ahead of time, and good for any and all types of gatherings.The best thing about this is you make it, let it sit all night and then an hour in the oven next day and VOILA--it's ready.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I thought the mayo would cut down on the quality of this dish, but that didn't happen! I used cream of chicken soup instead of the mushroom, & also used broken chips made from yams! Thanks for a very tasty turkey dish! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 4 cups diced turkey meat
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces wild rice mix
- 1 cup shredded potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- While chopping or dicing turkey, cook wild rice mix.
- Place in bowl and toss the turkey, wild rice, celery, onion, and water chestnuts.Add the mushroom soup, as well as the mayonnaise , mixing to a fairly creamy mixture.
- Add to a large rectangular casserole dish, cover with foil, place in refrigerator until the next day. Makes 6-12 servings, according to smaller/larger ingredient portions given.
- Cook at 350°F 1 hour; let sit five minutes and then serve.
- Excellent for church, community gatherings, as well as large family get-togethers.