Recipe by sunshinefromaz
This is one of my favorite main dishes and it is easy. It came from a friend and I make it often. My kids loved it. Occasionally I will add chopped mushrooms.
- 8 small red potatoes
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 (16 ounce) package turkey cutlets
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 teaspoons capers
Directions See How It's Made
- In 3-quart saucepan over high heat, heat potatoes and enough water to cover to boiling. Reduce heat to low and cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain and keep potatoes warm.
- Meanwhile dice tomatoes, thinly slice onion; set aside.
- On waxed paper, mix flour, salt, and rosemary. If turkey cutlets are large, cut them into desired serving size. Dip turkey cutlets into flour mixture to lightly coat.
- In non-stick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot melted shortening, cook turkey cutlets, a few at a time, about 5 minutes or until lightly browned and they lose their pink color throughout, removing pieces to plate as they brown.
- Spoon off any fat in skillet. Stir in diced tomatoes, onion, and capers. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Return turkey cutlets to skillet; heat through.
- To serve, arrange potatoes and turkey cutlets on 4 dinner plates. Spoon sauce over turkey.