Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From FoodTV Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade
Make and share this Turkey Cutlets With Tart Cherry Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter or 3 -4 tablespoons oil, plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into 4 chunks, for finishing
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast, cutlet sliced 1/2-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup merlot
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tart cherries (recommended -- Oregon)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large frying pan, heat the pan over medium-high heat and then add half the butter or oil.
- Season turkey cutlet slices with salt and pepper. Place in large zip-top bag, along with the flour. Seal bag and shake to coat turkey. Remove turkey from bag, shaking off excess flour. Cook in a hot pan for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until done. Transfer to an ovenproof plate and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining butter or oil and turkey.
- Add red wine, orange juice concentrate, and sugar to pan and scrape up any browned bits in pan. Bring to a boil and let reduce by half, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and swirl in the cherries and cold butter to incorporate. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the turkey culets on individual plates with some sauce spooned over the top.