Recipe by FightingwithFood
A light, healthy favorite of ours. Even my picky husband loved it! Using Fiber One cereal in place of breadcrumbs bumps up the nutrition and with the addition of seasoning, it was hard to tell the difference. You could easily substitute chicken breasts or pork chops. The sauce is excellent over brown rice or quinoa.
- 1 lb turkey breast cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon Pam cooking spray, to coat pan
- 1⁄2 cup fiber one original cereal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons herbes de provence, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced white mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large ziploc bag, crush cereal to breadcrumb size. Mix 1/2 tablespoon Herbes de Provence and salt into crumbs.
- Add turkey cutlets and shake to coat.
- In large saute pan, heat oil. Add turkey cutlets and cook through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan. Add mushrooms and saute until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, wine and remaining Herbes de Provence. Bring to boil.
- Mix flour with 1/4°C water and add to pan.
- Simmer until thickened.