It is not without some trepidation that I post this recipe. Firstly, I make it all the time, and I don't know if our day-to-day meals can stand public scrutiny. Secondly, this is also our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I don't know how it is with other American expatriates, but for me, especially in the beginning, Thanksgiving was the hardest day ... so many happy memories. But the old Gourmet came up with this recipe, and the introduction said something like: if you find yourself alone for Thanksgiving, enjoy the tranquility and make something simple but good. Or something like that. They suggested serving the turkey with dirty rice dressing and green beans with finely-chopped mushrooms. And even without the cranberries and pumpkin pie (ouch), eating turkey on Thanksgiving does make one feel better. So here it goes ... I hope it makes you feel better, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the marinade combine the lemon juice, mustard, and cayenne or Tabasco in a bowl.
- 2Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the marinade until it is emulsified. Stir in the sage.
- 3Flatten the turkey slices to 1/4 inch between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap with a mallet or rolling pin.
- 4Place the turkey slices in a shallow glass dish, pour the marinade over them, and marinate, covered, for 25 minutes, turning once.
- 5(Alternatively, you can flatten the slices after marinating them, but you may need to add a tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet when you cook them.).
- 6Discard the marinade. In a large heavy skillet sautè the cutlets over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- 7Transfer the cutlets to a platter and garnish with the lemon wedges and parsley.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Cutlets With Lemon and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (62 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.4
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: