Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Light & Tasty Magazine Aug/Sept. 2007. Originally submitted by Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- 44.37 ml reduced-fat sour cream
- 29.58 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1.23 ml grated lemon peel
- 0.59 ml pepper, plus
- 1.23 ml pepper, divided
- 118.29 ml seasoned bread crumbs
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 499.51 g package turkey breast, slices (1/4 in. thick or so)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- lemon wedge, and (optional)
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lemon juice and peel and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large resealable bag combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, and remaining pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until longer pink.
- Serve with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and jalapenos if desired.
What a terrific dish, these cutlets. I followed this great recipe from start to finish only changing up to small things, 1) I used chicken cutlets (pounded a bit) 2) I heated the sauce in saucepan (by accident - didn't read the recipe close enough) but caught it quickly so it had only just warmed a bit, and was able to spoon over the sauce (slightly warmed) over the chicken.I also baked the chicken with the breadcrumbs and this was just outstanding. I will be making this tomorrow, as this is so good, I can't imagine a day without it now! The jalapeno heat spice was not at all *hot* but rather cooled off by the low fat mayo & sour cream. The lemon juice gave this a bit of citrus type taste that just went perfectly! Thank you so much Shelby jo! Made for *SSC Pet Parade*