Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
A recipe from Light & Tasty Magazine Aug/Sept. 2007. Originally submitted by Jeannie Klugh of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, plus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) package turkey breast, slices (1/4 in. thick or so)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- lemon wedge, and (optional)
- sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
- For sauce, in a small bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, jalapeno, lemon juice and peel and 1/8 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- In a large resealable bag combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, and remaining pepper. Add turkey, a few pieces at a time, shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey in oil in batches over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until longer pink.
- Serve with sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and jalapenos if desired.
What a terrific dish, these cutlets. I followed this great recipe from start to finish only changing up to small things, 1) I used chicken cutlets (pounded a bit) 2) I heated the sauce in saucepan (by accident - didn't read the recipe close enough) but caught it quickly so it had only just warmed a bit, and was able to spoon over the sauce (slightly warmed) over the chicken.I also baked the chicken with the breadcrumbs and this was just outstanding. I will be making this tomorrow, as this is so good, I can't imagine a day without it now! The jalapeno heat spice was not at all *hot* but rather cooled off by the low fat mayo & sour cream. The lemon juice gave this a bit of citrus type taste that just went perfectly! Thank you so much Shelby jo! Made for *SSC Pet Parade*