Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious recipe for sauteed turkey cutlets with a zesty sauce of lemon, lime and capers.
- 1 lb turkey cutlets (about 4 pieces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap, flatten cutlets to 1/4 inch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat with flour on both sides.
- In a skillet, heat half of the oil over medium heat. Cook half of the cutlets 2 minutes on each side or until browned, turning once. Set aside. Repeat cooking procedure with remaining cutlets and oil.
- Add capers to skillet and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring until heated. Spoon over all cooked cutlets.
- Add wine or chicken broth, lemon and lime juices, and cook, stirring, until reduced by half. Add butter, stirring until melted.
- Return turkey and capers to the pan. Cook until heated through. Serve, drizzling each turkey cutlet with the citrus and caper sauce, and sprinkle with pimento.
It looked very pretty but was a bit too zesty for my taste. Thank you.
I had to make this without the lime and pimeiento. I didn't buy enough limes for the week and I could not find pimiento to save my life. Still, very very good. Thanks.
This was a really tasty dish that is different and we will definitely have in the future. I skipped the salt, used olive oil in place of vegetable oil and wine instead of chicken broth. I could not find pimiento at my grocery store and I was too lazy to chop up and sub red bell pepper so I just omitted it altogether. The citrus taste is perhaps a touch too strong, I may add just slightly less of each lemon and lime next time. I served with fresh corn. Next time I will make sure to add a more starchy side. Thanks for posting!