Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I think this recipe would work with thin chicken cutlets as well or maybe even pork.
Make and share this Turkey Cutlets With Balsamic-Brown Sugar Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 2⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine first four ingredients in a shallow dish, stir well. Dredge turkey cutlets in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets and cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove cutlets from pan, set aside, and keep warm. Reduce heat to warm.
- Add shallots to pan and saute for 1 minute. Stir in wine and broth, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Bring to boil, reduce heat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar, sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Return cutlets to the pan to warm through. Serve sauce with cutlets.
Very nice flavor but I would recommend that if you are not serving right away to keep the sauce on the side. The cutlets have such a nice crisp coat and when they sit in the sauce they tend to get a little soggy. Thanks for the post.
Kinda sweet. Kinda tangy. Hubby and I really enjoyed this. I served it with corn on the cob and it worked well together.
I usually only like to eat dark meat, and for some reason, when I picked this up a package of turkey cutlets at the supermarket, I didn't realize it was white meat. I've actually made this recipe a few times before, and it was only this time that I realized it's white meat! lol! I mean this recipe is just FABULOUS. It's so juicy and the spices are just heavenly. I ate half a leftover serving of this with a doctored-up cabbage in a skillet recipe, because I'm on a diet. The combination was utter heaven. My DH and I always fight over this, so it goes quickly. Thanks for an amazing recipe!!