Recipe by Mike Marek
My wife and I are trying a lighter lifestyle. We are always looking to add bold flavors to a healthy meal
Top Review by jenholton
Great dish! Pounded out some chicken breasts instead of cutlets and since my artichokes were not marinated I sauteed onion with some garlic and then added 1/2 c. white wine and 1/2 c. chicken broth.. turned out yummy. Thanks for the post.
- 1 lb turkey cutlets
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thin sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 6 ounces marinated artichokes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Season Cutlets with your favorite rub or spice mix and allow cutlets to set for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add olive oil and reduce heat to medium high. Add butter and swirl pan to mix and melt butter.
- When butter has melted add cutlets to pan and brown 2 minutes per side. Remove cutlets from skillet to a plate to rest.
- Carefully pour artichokes and marinade into the skillet and deglaze.
- Add onions and stir.
- Add cutlets back into skillet on top of artichokes and onions.
- Reduce heat to low and cover skillet.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add tomatoes on top of cutlets and cover for 3 minutes or so to warm but not cook the tomatoes.
- To serve drizzle lemon juice over dish while in the skillet.
- Serve 2 cutlets and vegetables to each diner.
- Garnish with Olive Tapenade.