Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great alternative when you want a holiday meal with no leftovers. Use less meat for just two people and serve leftover fruit mixture on the side.
- 3 lbs 99% fat-free turkey breast cutlets
- 2 medium apples
- 1⁄2 cup cranberries
- 1 medium orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon artificial sweetener
- Core and peel apples.
- Cut into small chunks.
- Combine with cranberries and a little water.
- Zest orange into apples and cranberries.
- Peel orange getting as much white stuff off as possible.
- Cut into small pieces and add to apples and cranberries.
- Cook over medium heat.
- Add a packet or two of splenda for taste and maybe some cinnamon.
- Cook until apples are soft, but still retain their shape.
- Lay out the cutlets and carefully cut a"pocket" lengthwise into each one.
- Spoon cooled filling into each cutlet and seal with toothpicks.
- Do not overfill.
- Place in baking baking dish.
- Cover with remaining apple mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven 25 to 35 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165.
My cutlets were thin so instead of making a pocket, I used two and put the filling in between them. They came out dry.