Prep 12 mins
Cook 14 mins
This refreshing dish is elegant enough for company & easy enough to make any night of the week. Serve it over noodles.
- 4 turkey cutlets (4oz each)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup shallot (finely chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine or 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lime rind (grated)
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (snipped)
- Sprinkle the turkey with 1TBS of the lime Juice and salt and pepper; let stand 10 minutes. Melt butter in non-stick skillet over moderate heat until bubbling. Add turkey and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on EACH side or until golden & juices run clear when the flesh is pricked with a fork; transfer to a plate.
- Add the shallots to the skillet & cook, stirring , for 1 minute. Add the wine & cook for 1 minute or until the liquid is reduced to 2TBS. Add the stock & lime rind and simmer the mixture, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until the liquid is reduced to 3/4°C If necessary, boil the mixture over moderate heat until reduced.
- Lower the heat, stir in the sour cream mixture, & simmer, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Add the turkey along with any juices on the plate & simmer for 2 minutes or until the turkey is heated through. Add the remaining tsp of lime juice & sprinkle with chives.