Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Indian curry with a turkey twist.
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup feta or 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain yogurt, preferably Greek
- 1 lemon
- 1 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 4 pita bread or 4 naan bread, warmed
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the turkey and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cheese (and optional peas) until blended. Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt, lemon peel and lemon juice; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato, parsley and remaining 1/4 cup olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a warm pita on each plate, top with the turkey curry and tomato salad and fold over.