A very good way to use leftover turkey or chicken. CI recommends using only whole milk yogurt (not low- or non-fat), as the sauce otherwise will be thin and can have an off flavor. I often have left-over roasted veggies, or will use a combo of sweet and white potatoes, cauliflower, squash, red onions. I serve this with rice or couscous, and sometimes add dried cranberries instead of raisins - I doubt that's Indian, but it works together well. Time does not include time to roast veggies, if you have none handy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced, about 4 teaspoons
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups vegetables, roasted
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 10 ounces shredded cooked turkey, about 2 cups
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just simmering.
- 2Add the onion, raisins, curry powder and salt and cook until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- 3Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the roasted vegetables, chickpeas, and water and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 5Stir in the turkey and peas and cook until heated through, 2 or 3 minutes longer.
- 6Remove from heat, stir in the yogurt and cilantro. Check for salt (to taste) and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Curry in a Hurry (Cook's Illustrated)
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 480.7
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: