Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious and healthy! Serve over hot, cooked rice. Each serving has 232 calories, 15 g carbohydrate, 29 g protein, and 6 g fat. Use less curry powder if you don't like the strong flavor.
- Lightly coat a skillet with nonstick spray.
- Saute carrots and celery until tender.
- In a bowl, mix 1/4 cup milk and cornstarch until smooth.
- Add broth and remaining milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour over vegetables in skillet.
- Add onion, garlic powder, and curry powder.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Add turkey and heat through.
It was good, but needed more. We added an acid, lemon juice, to the finished product. I even added hot sauce to add some depth. However, it was easy and a great way to eat leftover turkey. You could probably use less cornstarch. I may make this again.
What a quick and delicious way to reinvent leftovers. The sauce was thick and creamy and worked well with the turkey and vegetables. I wanted to add a little more flavor while maintaining the simplicity of the dish and added a half teaspoon of garam masala - good option. Served this over brown rice with sauteed apples on the side. Next time, I will include the apples with the dish itself. Thanks!