1/6 Photos of Turkey Cupcakes
I saw these sweet little cupcakes in Family Fun magazine and just had to make them with my daughter. She had a blast helping me decorate them and they taste delicious as well. It's a really easy recipe that my daughter has asked that we make every year. Prep time is an estimate and cook time for baking the cupcakes is not included.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 cupcakes (baked from your favorite mix, any flavor)
- 1 (16 ounce) can milk chocolate frosting
- 72 oval shortbread cookies (like 1 box of Keebler Sandies Right bites shortbread)
- 1 (11 ounce) bag candy corn
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package decorator's black icing (store bought)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package decorator's white icing (store bought)
- 1 (5 ounce) box of red fruit leather, like Fruit by the Foot (you won't use all of it)
- 1Frost the cupcake, then press in a cookie "head", flat and vertically at the bottom center of the cupcake. Then press in two cookies, horizontally to the right and left of the cookie head to make the wings.
- 2Along the top of the cupcake, above the cookie head, press in a row or two of candy corn to make the tail feathers.
- 3Give the turkey one eye, by adding a small dot of white decorators to the cookie head, and then adding a small dot of black decorators icing over the white to finish the eye.
- 4For the beak, cut the white tips off of 24 candy corns. Place it on the side of the cookie head.
- 5To make the wattle, cut a 1 inch square of fruit leather. Roll it into a tube or cone and stick it in place over the beak.
- 6Now you have a cute, delicious and completely edible cupcake turkey!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.6
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: