Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great to take on a picnic! I love these. I found the recipe in an old cookbook and tried it. We love these.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- 8 slices whole wheat bread or 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1⁄2 lb slied cooked turkey
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 16 slices cucumbers
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and dell weed. Srpead on 1 side of each bread slice.
- Top 4 bread slices with turkey, cheese, cucumber and lettuce. Top with remaining bread.
What would Thanksgiving be without the requisite turkey sandwich? Decided to make a departure from my usual sort and tried this recipe; a choice that now makes me look so smart. Not a big fan of mayonnaise, but with the addition of dill the flavor was fresh and bright. Add to that the crispy crunch of the cucumbers truly added to the enjoyment of this classic meal. Thanks 4-H Mom! Made for Potluck Tag.