Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful casserole for turkey or chicken. An idea for a potluck or family event. This recipe is from my cousin, Catherine, and was her contribution to our family cookbook. Enjoy the crunchiness and the flavor!
- 3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) mushroom soup (or chicken)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups French fried onion rings
- 1 (9 ounce) chow mein noodles
- Saute onion and celery in small amount of oil. Mix soups with milk, add onion, celery, mushrooms, pimentoes and turkey. Place into a greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle onion rings and noodles over top of casserole. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 35 minutes.