Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 cups cooked turkey, finely chopped
- 1 3⁄4 cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons oil, divided
- saute onion and celery in a drop of oil until softened.
- set aside to cool slightly.
- combine with turkey, 1/4 c panko, milk, sage, egg, salt, pepper.
- refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm form into 12 patties, dredge in remaining panko.
- heat half the oil in a saute pan, add 6 patties and cook 3-5 minutes per side repeat serve with cranberry sauce or leftover turkey gravy.
I didn't have panko, so I used regular bread crumbs. Still came out excellent! I also used a food processor to get the meat very fine and mix the ingredients.
My husband said 5 stars, these were delicious. The only thing I would do differently next time in put the meat and veges through a grinder or mince them even smaller. I had a hard time keeping the croquettes together. They are crunchy and delicious on the outside, moist and juicy on the inside. I served them with cranberry sauce.
My husband said this recipe was a 5 star so that's what I'm giving it! I served them with cranberry sauce, mixed veggies and garlic mashed potatoes and there wasn't a crumb left on his plate. I did find that I needed to add more panko to the mixture- maybe 1/2 cup instead of a 1/4 cup to insure the patties would stay together and I didn't have any sage so I added Bell's Seasoning instead. This was a great way to use some of the Thanksgiving turkey and much better than the usual "nuke the leftover turkey" dinners.