- 2 cups turkey meat, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage or 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup turkey broth or 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, onions, 1 1/2 cups of the breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, tarragon, sage, Worcestershire sauce, and egg.
- Fold in the mashed potatoes, and then add just enough stock to bind the mixture into balls (about 2-3 inch each).
- Roll each ball in the remaining bread crumbs, and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- (At this point you may freeze them for a later day).
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes.
- Makes about 16 croquettes.
- Serve with gravy, if desired.