Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a nice use of leftover turkey, gives it a totally different taste. Vary the amount of creole seasoning according to how spicy you like it. Use any commercial blend, or you can use my recipe posted here on 'zaar.
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 -3 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice cocktail or 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
- Heat shortening or oil in large skillet.
- Add flour and cook and stir until well combined and flour is browned.
- Add veggies and cook another 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add seasonings, canned tomatoes, juice and all, and V-8.
- Simmer about 15 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Add turkey and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.
This is a excellent use for leftover turkey and it makes for a quick and easy meal. Will definitely make this again as I always have cooked turkey in my freezer. Thanks for posting this graffeetee. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.