Recipe by graffeetee
This is a nice use of leftover turkey, gives it a totally different taste. Vary the amount of creole seasoning according to how spicy you like it. Use any commercial blend, or you can use my recipe posted here on 'zaar.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This is a excellent use for leftover turkey and it makes for a quick and easy meal. Will definitely make this again as I always have cooked turkey in my freezer. Thanks for posting this graffeetee. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.
- 2 tablespoons shortening or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 -3 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canchopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice cocktail or 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 cups cooked turkey, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat shortening or oil in large skillet.
- Add flour and cook and stir until well combined and flour is browned.
- Add veggies and cook another 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add seasonings, canned tomatoes, juice and all, and V-8.
- Simmer about 15 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Add turkey and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.