Recipe by Mr. Ladypit
A great way to use left over turkey. This freezes well for later use, just let it cool some and put in a ziploc freezer bag (without rice).
Top Review by MoreWithLessMom
Mmm good. Saute the onion and celery in that first step. I halved the chili powder and left out the tabasco, I''m a spice wimp. Served over brown rice with grated cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups water (approx)
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon unflavored gelatin (for thickening)
- 5 cups cooked turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pan, heat olive oil and saute until soft. Add garlic and cook one minute more.
- Add tomatoes and stir.
- Add water, paste, worcestershire sauce, chili powder, salt, sugar, and tabasco sauce.
- Simmer uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Dissolve gelatin in 2 tsp water.
- Add turkey and gelatin to sauce.
- Heat thoroughly/until desired thickness.
- Best served with rice.