Recipe by Seasoned Cook
JUST AWESOME!!! This sandwich is similar to the one on the menu at Applebee's Restaurant and is absolutely delicious! Bread of your choice can be used, but it must be grilled to get the true flavor and the goodness of melted cheese.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
Editing my review: Seasoned Cook, I made your wonderful sandwich today for a 3rd time, but without the bacon, and adding a bit more of the turkey. My husband and I thought the sandwich still tasted great. I just thought you'd like to know. My review onNovember 27, 2009: WOW Seasoned Cook, this is on heck of a sandwich. I have never had a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce before, and now I know what I've been missing. I wish I could give this recipe more than 5 stars, as I truly enjoyed it. When making the sandwich, I did however use, 3 slices of cooked bacon, 2 slices of provolone cheese, and I used a multi grain bread, (which I purchased at an Aldi's Grocery Store) plus I did not add the lettuce. The first time I made this sandwich, I added a bit more butter to my skillet (1/2 a tablespoon per each side when grilling the sandwich) and the second time, I just carefully buttered the outside of both slices of bread, so no need to add butter to the skillet. I grilled mine over medium heat anywhere from 2 minutes & 30 seconds, to 3 minutes per each side. I don't know what Applebee's Turkey and Cranberry Sandwich tastes like, as I don't care to eat at Applebee's, but I bet this sandwich out beats the one on their menu. Thank you Seasoned Cook for posting this recipe, and for giving me an idea what to make with the leftovers from my cooked turkey. This recipe is definitely a keeper!!!
- 2 slices cooked turkey
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole cranberry sauce
- 1 teaspoon red onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices wheat bread (or your choice)
- 2 teaspoons butter (for grilling)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop red onion very fine and mix with whole cranberry sauce.
- Smear mayonnaise on one side of sliced bread. Smear cranberry-onion mixture on the other slice of bread.
- Layer turkey slices, bacon and provolone on one side of bread and top with other slice of bread.
- Using a skillet or grill pan, grill sandwich with butter and remove from heat when cheese has melted. Cut sandwich into 2 halves and serve.