Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Try a different filling for your next omelet
- 1⁄2 cup diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons drained whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Make the filling: In a small bowl, combine the turkey, cranberry sauce, and orange zest; set aside.
- Make the omelet: in a bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt, pepper, and sugar together.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium heat; add butter and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- When butter foams, pour in egg mixture all at once; let set until edges begin to cook, about 20 seconds.
- With a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tip skillet to allow the uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry, 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon turkey-cranberry mixture over one half of the omelet; scatter cream cheese pieces on top.
- Fold the other side over to cover; let stand a few seconds.
- Serve immediately.