Recipe by Manami
After the ball - when it is quiet again - and we would like another taste of the turkey - try one of these sandwiches! They are great, taken from NapaStyle Inc. & then tweaked. When I posted the recipe had to guess at quantites, so please adjust to your own palette.
Top Review by PaulaG
A delicious way to visit Thanksgiving dinner on a bun. I did not use all the butter that was called for. I just put a thin coating on the buns. I used recipe #139827 for the bun and the George Forman grill as a panini press. I was fortunate enough to have fresh sage.
- 4 slices day old bread, like ciabatta
- 12 tablespoons of gelatinous cold gravy
- 10 slices cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup turkey stuffing
- 12 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 6 sage leaves, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Spread two slices of bread with thin layer of cold gravy.
- Layer the sandwiches with slices of turkey, stuffing, more gravy and cranberry sauce, to taste.
- Season with salt & pepper and top with chopped sage leaves.
- Spread a thick layer of cranberry sauce on the other slices of bread.
- Butter sides of the sandwich, on the outside; then toast on a preheated sandwich grill, a cast iron skillet or non-stick frying pan, pressing firmly on each side until golden brown.