Recipe by TexasKelly
This is a great recipe I got from a Betty Crocker magazine. I tweaked it a little, trying to lower the fat & calorie content. Its VERY easy to throw together, and the slow cooker does all the hard work.
Top Review by Lemon Drop
This recipe is SO easy! Here were my modifications: I omitted the mushrooms, I used garlic powder and onion powder instead of garlic and onion. I added some shredded cheddar on top for the last 10 minutes or so of cooking. Was I supposed to cook it on HIGH or LOW? I did HIGH for about 3 hours and the peppers were extra tender. The cheese makes this recipe much better. Thanks for sharing. Questions: Isn't it bad to cook in a crockpot that is less than like half full of liquid? I think your owner's info for your crockpot would tell you that, but what do I know. It works.
- 1⁄4 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 bell peppers
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash 2 bell peppers, and cut tops off.
- Clean out seeds, and set aside.
- Brown ground turkey in a medium sized saucepan.
- Add onion, mushroom& garlic, and cook until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, salt, red pepper& uncooked couscous.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Pour ¼ cup of water into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Stuff peppers with the mixture, and set peppers upright in the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to 4-6 hours.
- Very easy, tasty, and not too high in fat& calories.