Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I came across this recipe looking for ways to use up leftover turkey. After trying it, I was wishing I had more leftover turkey!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 lbs leftover cooked turkey, diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- coarse salt
- 2 cups corn, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) canchunky style crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- Heat the oil in a deep pot over medium high heat.
- Add the vegetables to the pot. Add the bay leaf and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, reducing heat if veggies start to stick.
- Stir in diced turkey meat and season with chili powder, cumin, and cayenne sauce. Season with salt, to taste.
- Add corn, tomatoes, and broth.
- Mix well, adjust seasonings, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 7 to 10 minutes.
I loved this Chili. Very healthy and packed full of Flavor. I added a can of pinto beans w/jalapeno. We used tabasco sauce and ground cayenne pepper.We also used ground turkey. It's hard going from ground beef to ground turkey but this made it a winner. And definitely converted us. We love Ground Turkey!!!!
I enjoyed this recipe very much!I also added beans and some sugar-I like a sweet chili.
Really enjoyed this. Added a can of black beans, as another reviewer suggested. Served it with http://www.recipezaar.com/Fiesta-Cornbread-290444.