Rachael Ray's Top Thirty 30-Minute Meals - Comfort Food
Make and share this Turkey Corn Chile recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (32 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 -2 ounce hot sauce (I like Chulula)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- shredded cheese, for topping
- crushed tortilla chips, for topping
- In a deep saucepot over med-hi heat, saute onion in oil for 3-5 minute. Add garlic & cook for 1 minute more.
- Add turkey & brown 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, corn, & tomatoes. Bring to a bubble, stirring in scallions, spices, hot sauce, & salt & pepper.
- Reduce heat & simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with shredded cheese & tortilla chips.
This is a quick chile that is flavorful and hearty, despite the lack of beans ( which I generally used to). I made this exactly as posted, although I decreased the cumin to 1 t. (I don't like too much cumin) and used Chulula Chipotle hot sauce. The poultry seasoning was the surprise ingredient that really gave this a subtle new twist. The best part is that I felt positively virtuous eating this! Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.