1 hr 10 mins
This Cordon Blue recipe from Busy Cooks does not include ham, but it most certainly may be added. This tender turkey stuffed with Havarti comes out moist and flavorful. I don't think the ham would even be missed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 turkey tenderloins (1 pound total)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 pieces havarti cheese (3/4-inch wide by 3-inch long)
- 2/3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 13x9" glass baking dish.
- 2Cut each turkey piece into thirds crosswise (crosswise is placing your knife on top and cutting downward), forming six pieces (3 pieces per breast). Then cut a lengthwise slit in the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2" of the opposite site. Open tenderloins and place smooth side down on work surface. Season pieces with salt and pepper.
- 3In small bowl combine melted butter and mustard; brush over the cut sides of the tenderloins. Place a piece of cheese in center of open tenderloin on top of mustard mixture. Close tenderloin around cheese, forming a bundle; secure with toothpicks.
- 4Combine bread crumbs, flour, Parmesan cheese, thyme and salt in a shallow pan. Combine cream and beaten egg in another shallow pan and stir to combine. Dip filled tenderloins in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture to coat.
- 5Place turkey tenderloins in baking dish and bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Carefully turn tenderloins and bake 20-25 minutes longer until turkey is thoroughly cooked or 160 degrees on a meat thermometer. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Browse Our Top Turkey Breasts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Turkey Breasts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Cordon Bleu
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.2 mg
- Sodium 350.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: