Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I created this last night for dinner, and we enjoyed it so much that I had to write down how I made it so I can make it again. It's turkey, bell peppers, and onions, in a creamy chili pepper sauce that's served over rice. I think it would be equally good served over potatoes.
- 1 lb turkey breast, strips (I used Jennie-O brand.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red & green bell pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, table blend
- 2 tablespoons hot shot seasoning (or equal amount mixed red & black pepper)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups rice (I used chicken flavored rice.) or 2 cups mashed potatoes (I used chicken flavored rice.)
- Season turkey breast strips with Mrs Dash, seasoned salt, and Hot Shot. Brown turkey and onion in large skillet until cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Add pepper strips and cook until crisp-tender stage.
- Mix in soup, chilis, and lime juice.
- Simmer on low heat for approximately ten minutes, until well combined and heated through.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over rice or potatoes.
I made this when some of my grand children were here. We all loved it. I did use chicken breast this time because I didn't have turkey breast in my freezer. I am sure it would be great with the turkey breast though.