This can be made with either turkey or chicken. It is one of our favorites to use up Thanks Giving turkey. Best if breast meat is used.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1⁄2 cup seeded chopped tomato
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 4 hardboiled egg, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crisp
- 8 slices french sourdough bread, thick slices
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add avocado, turkey, tomatoes and toss.
- Toast bread slices and butter lightly.
- Divide turkey mixture on 4 of the slices, top each with 2 slices bacon, 3-4 egg slices, sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese, top with lettuce and other slice of toast.
Can I get a YUM YUM! Made this with leftover super smoked Christmas turkey. No boiled eggs in her though... Didn't feel like makin em when I had everything else ready. I might try them when i have boiled eggs on hand. Epic sandwich.