Another from Rachael Ray's "Get Real" book. As my SO is a vegetarian, I use Bacos rather then the real bacon and I leave the turkey off his side. (more for me!) ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 slices microwave ready sliced bacon
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs thick sliced roast deli turkey
- 1Crisp the bacon in the microwave according to package directions. Coarsely chop bacon.
- 2Chop the lettuce and arrange on a large platter. Arrange bean sprouts over lettuce. Arrange tomatoes and onion on top of that.
- 3Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- 4Julienne the turkey into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange the sliced turkey down the center of the salad platter.
- 5For the dressing, halve and then remove the pit from the avocado. Scoop the flesh with a spoon into the bowl of a food processor.
- 6Add the lemon zest and juice to the food processor.
- 7Chop the garlic on cutting board and mash with 1 teaspoon salt to make a paste. Add the garlic paste and the red wine vinegar to the food processor.
- 8Place the lid on the food processor and turn it on. While the blade is spinning, stream in the olive oil and hot sauce.
- 9Pour dressing evenly over the salad.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Club Salad With Avocado Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (918 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 935.4
- Calories from Fat 630
- Total Fat 70.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 3243.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 40.8 g