Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another from Rachael Ray's "Get Real" book. As my SO is a vegetarian, I use Bacos rather then the real bacon and I leave the turkey off his side. (more for me!) ;)
- 12 slices microwave ready sliced bacon
- 3 romaine lettuce hearts
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick sliced roast deli turkey
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- Crisp the bacon in the microwave according to package directions. Coarsely chop bacon.
- Chop the lettuce and arrange on a large platter. Arrange bean sprouts over lettuce. Arrange tomatoes and onion on top of that.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Julienne the turkey into 1/2-inch strips. Arrange the sliced turkey down the center of the salad platter.
- For the dressing, halve and then remove the pit from the avocado. Scoop the flesh with a spoon into the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the lemon zest and juice to the food processor.
- Chop the garlic on cutting board and mash with 1 teaspoon salt to make a paste. Add the garlic paste and the red wine vinegar to the food processor.
- Place the lid on the food processor and turn it on. While the blade is spinning, stream in the olive oil and hot sauce.
- Pour dressing evenly over the salad.