Recipe by TheDancingCook
Just a smaller version of a classic diner-style sandwich...a warm or cold version. Makes for a great finger appetizer for a party or serve a few of these aside a bowl of warm soup and a crunchy dill pickle for a nice lunch or easy dinner or just eat as a snack. If you are on Weight Watchers Point System, don't use the bacon and each "club" is 1 point. This recipe is courtesy of Nabisco.
- 24 Triscuit crackers
- 3⁄4 cup lettuce, chopped
- 6 ounces turkey breast, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup shredded low-fat swiss cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, chopped with juices drained
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon, crumbles...i like to use hormel cooked bacon pieces sold next to the standard bacon bits (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Warm version:.
- Place all 24 crackers in a single layer on a microwavable dish -- you can do this in 2 batches, if you wish.
- Top with lettuce.
- Combine the chopped turkey, 1/2 cup of cheese, mustard, mayo; mix well.
- Spoon over lettuce; sprinkle with remaining cheese and diced tomatoes.
- Microwave on HIGH for 10-15 seconds or until the cheese is melted and mixture is warm; serve warm.
- Cold Version:.
- Mix together all ingredients on serve on Triscuits for a salad version.