Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Joyce Lamont's Favorite Minnesota Recipes and Radio Memories.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) containerrefrigerated alfredo sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- Remove bacon, drain on paper towels, crumble and set aside.
- Remove all but 1 T drippings from skillet.
- Cook onion in bacon drippings until tender about 5 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, Alfredo sauce, garlic salt and rosemary and set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine drained spinach, cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes.
- Cook egg noodles in water until almost al dente according to package directions.
- Drain and add to spinach mixture.
- Spray 2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer half the turkey mixture, half the noodle mixture, and half the Mozzarella cheese in prepared casserole.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle top with reserved bacon.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until casserole is bubbling and top is browned.
My husband and I really enjoyed this. I didn't put the full 10 oz of spinach in. Next time I might replace the spinach with broccoli.