Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very hardy for a cold day, served with fresh buns for dinner or lunch.
Make and share this Turkey Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups chopped leftover turkey or 3 cups chicken
- 1 can creamed corn
- fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large soup pot.
- Saute onion & green pepper until onion slices are translucent.
- Add carrots, potatoes, celery & spices.
- Mix well.
- Add stock & simmer for 15 min until potatoes & carrots are soft.
- Add turkey, corn.
- heat thoroughly but don't boil.
- Just before serving stir in parsley.
- May add salt & pepper at this time to taste.
Comfort food soup - You Bet! Very tasty & healthy. Excellent for using up some of that left over Turkey. The only thing I did differently was to leave out the potatoes. We enjoyed our lunch