Recipe by RenMyr
I found this recipe on another website but changed just a little bit to suit our tastes.
- 4 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 lb russet potato, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk (I used 2%)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup canned low sodium chicken broth
- 2⁄3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked turkey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in heavy large saucepan over medium heat until crisp.
- Drain bacon on paper towel.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in potatoes,milk, broth, cream of mushroom soup, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey meat, bacon and remaining parsley. '.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.